-

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Rush Limbaugh: 'You're letting the media win with that outlook'

Limbaugh properly explains to Vinny from Queens why the media wins if we allow them to destroy Sarah Palin or stop her from running

In an unbelievable call that shows how in complete "sympatico" I am with Rush Limbaugh on why we must not allow the media stop Sarah Palin, Rush and a caller named Vinny from Queens had an incredible conversation Friday afternoon on Limbaugh's radio show. Rush said these things to Vinny:
What you basically said to me was, "The media has so thoroughly destroyed her, she doesn't have a chance."

[...]

...why are you gonna sit there and accept that?

[...]

Conventional wisdom inside the Republican Party is that she's not running. Now, I'll say this: If she's afraid to run, then the media terrorists have won.

[...]

And just think, now, how power-mad they're going to be if they decide they can destroy any candidate they choose -- and make no mistake here: Their objective is to keep her out of this race. Just, um... I don't know. Just in a -- what's the right way to say this? In a philosophical, real world sense, it just bothers me to hear people, anybody. It's not just Vinny; I've had a lot of people say this to me, and I've gotten into raised-voice arguments with people at my own dinner table over this, so much so that Kathryn pointed me to the door to leave.

People started telling me how stupid she was, Palin. I asked, "Why do you think she's stupid?" Everything they believe is a total product of what they've seen in the media. Therefore, people are willing to sit around and say, "Okay, media destroyed her. Too bad, she's gone." Yet we're supposedly sophisticated. We understand that's what the media's trying to do, and we're just saying, "Okay, they won. They won with Palin, fine." If that's it then don't ever call me again complaining about the media. If you're willing to let the media win in taking our people out, fine. Stop complaining about 'em. Stop complaining about 'em being liberal.
Rush landed every single point that I have been trying to make about the media and Sarah Palin. After I duct taped my head back together during the news break, Rush came back on and gave this phenomenal analysis of the discussion:
I am still thinking about the phone call we had with Vinny from Queens. I'm sorry, folks. I can't get past this. This is not aimed at Vinny, 'cause it's not just Vinny from whom I've heard this. I just can't get past this: "Rush, the media has destroyed her. There's no hope. She's damaged goods, and average, ordinary people who are not even paying attention yet still think she's an absolute goof. We don't have a prayer. We gotta move on." It just grates on me to acknowledge that kind of defeat. You may think it's just acknowledging reality, but it's defeat. 'Cause I was always under the impression here that one of our objectives is to not let the media do this to us.

Now, I know that a lot of people think that they're the only ones who know what the media has done to Sarah Palin. But odds are if Vinny from Queens sees that the media has launched this search-and-destroy mission on her, a lot of other people probably have, too. At some point the media smear of anybody peaks. They either get 'em out of office or they don't. In Nixon's case, he was gone. But Palin is enjoying life. She's got this bus tour. That's why I said on Greta's show last night, "Palin has learned to throw it right back at 'em." You've heard the old adage, the best revenge is success. She's earning a good living. She's living life as she chooses, where she chooses. They are as angry that they haven't forced her into an insane asylum as anything else.

At some point, folks, the smear of Palin has to peak. The smear of anybody has to peak. And the more people see her in relation to what they've heard from the media, the odds are more and more people are gonna realize they've been lied to. It's like when people meet me in person. Some of them are genuinely shocked. They're expecting me to be whatever they've heard the media portray me as. So at some point people are gonna realize the media has been lying about her. And I'm not making the case for it, because I don't know whether she's running. I'm not endorsing anybody right now. Vinny's not the first guy to say it, but when I hear people say, "The media's destroyed her, Rush, we gotta move on," it just bothers me. I thought that's what we're trying to prevent here along with many other things.
Rush nailed it.


The Democrats Fear Sarah Palin

Rush Limbaugh's Excellent Interview on On The Record 5/26/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews