-

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Palin's Positive Message of Hope

This blogger has been following Sarah Palin since she was announced as John McCain's running mate in 2008. I have never felt stronger as a supporter of hers than I do now. Her statement today demonstrated leadership. It should serve as proof that she is presidential. But that's not today's issue. Today's issue is that she blew me away in both exposing for me my own personal strengths and personal weaknesses.

This blogger has been focusing on the evil of what the Left has been doing to her. What it took me three blog posts to say, Palin in her eloquent and brilliant style said in one sentence. "No one should be deterred from speaking up and speaking out in peaceful dissent, and we certainly must not be deterred by those who embrace evil and call it good."

I've always gotten that part.

But this writer missed something. She opened my eyes. She clarified for all us how the greatness of our nation allows us to have a free and open political discourse. And although we disagree, heatedly at times, the Left will have no choice but to embrace the realities of how imperfect men and women debate.

It is time to put the Palin haters aside and embrace Palin's positive message of hope.
America must be stronger than the evil we saw displayed last week. We are better than the mindless finger-pointing we endured in the wake of the tragedy. We will come out of this stronger and more united in our desire to peacefully engage in the great debates of our time, to respectfully embrace our differences in a positive manner, and to unite in the knowledge that, though our ideas may be different, we must all strive for a better future for our country. May God bless America.
As for those who wish to continue to hate, I pray for their souls. And I thank Governor Palin for helping me find the goodness within my heart that was being buried under all of the Left's vitriol and my reaction to it.


Please listen to my Blogtalk Radio show tonight at 11:00 pm ET.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews