-

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's Official: The Smear Campaign Against Tea Party Failed

According to Conservatives4Palin, a "Gallup/USA Today poll finds that 'when asked about incidents of vandalism and threats that followed the bill's passage, Americans are more inclined to blame Democratic political tactics than critics' harsh rhetoric.'" They credited Palin, Cantor and other Republicans and the fact that "the Democrat Party clearly overplayed its hand."

Anyone who knows me knows that from the day Obama got elected until now, my key point and argument of arguments has always been that to win back America we would have to convince the American people that the media lied to them. The media has been in bed with the Democrat party since day one, and Americans everywhere are waking up to this fact just in the nick of time.

I felt so strongly about this point that it was my signature slogan on my Tea Party sign at the 9/12 march on Washington. I wrote it on my Fight For the Right page in February of 2009.

Watching Sarah Palin nail the media during her speech in Searchlight Nevada was just pure music to my ears. To see the American people turning more to social media, the internet, Fox News and word of mouth via Twitter, text and blogs is a dream come true for me. You cannot understand the frustration I felt the in the days it was breaking that ACORN was being accused across the country of widespread voter fraud that the mainstream media continued to focus on a two week old story, Troopergate. Muzzled by the campaign, Palin raised concerns about voter fraud at the Richmond International Raceway rally I attended in Virginia without mentioning ACORN by name. I knew what she meant.

All the smears that the mainstream media perpetrated against the McCain-Palin campaign could not be countered since John McCain elected (or was tricked by Obama into) taking public funding. Despite having much more money than McCain, Obama continued to get free media coverage, including a live commercial about a thrill up the leg delivered by Chris Matthews as he anchored a straight news show (he did not say it on Hardball).

McCain had no money and the free media was clearly heavily going with Obama. The Founders must have been rolling over in their graves. I'm sure Samuel Adams and Thomas Paine would have had a few Samuel Adams if they saw the free press that they championed being hijacked by liberals the way it was.

The polls have spoken. The American people have spoken. Convince the people the media lies and you win. Game over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews