-

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanking God For All My Blessings

It's been a rough year. Having suffered setbacks on the job front and the business front, it's been difficult navigating the waters of stormy life circumstances. This blogger has been very active online in supporting the conservative cause and particularly the cause of the Palin movement. During the past three years, I've been challenged by time constraints, particularly due to work and business obligations. Yet, I have always tried to do what I could to push forward for a better America. While things have not gone particularly my way, they have gone in a direction that now leads me toward a better future.

I've been challenged by jaded Palin supporters and Palin detractors who claim I wasted the last three years of my life. That can't be further from the truth. It's important to believe in success and to believe in the qualities that make for great leadership. Advocating for and speaking out for a greater, better America is not a hobby. It is a business decision. It is based on the belief that a rising tide lifts all boats and that a better America leads to having better Americans. Sarah Palin embodied this belief and I supported her whole-heartedly without regret.

During the process, the company I worked for over the last 4 1/2 years downsized in July. As such, I have been without a job since. I have a business, which is struggling due in part to market and regulatory forces, but also in part due to the fact that building a business from scratch with no money is a daunting challenge. We are in the process of seeking out investment funds for a lucrative opportunity in the debt purchasing - debt selling business. It is my firm belief, with God's help, that we will break that seal and get the financing we need to succeed.

In the meantime, I have a mortgage to pay and a child to support. Monday, I was offered a nice position with a decent base salary and an unlimited bonus and commission structure. If I perform as I have in the past, I will be financially stable by the summer and be in a position to save and invest money after that. For this, I am thankful to the Lord for all of my blessings. I look forward to celebrating a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends who all have overcome their own personal challenges and who are now set on a much more stable path ahead.

While I have obtained the type of job that will afford me the ability to rebuild my life again, millions of Americans continue to be out of work and continue to suffer as the result of an economy that has been destroyed by the policies of crony capitalism and a president who many argue is trying to collapse our system in order to reorganize America into a collectivist style big government state. It's important that we thank our Lord for our blessings at this time and turn our eyes to Him for help in these trying times.

Psalm 46 tells us:
1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea; 3 though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble with its tumult. (Selah) 4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High. 5 God is in the midst of the city; it shall not be moved; God will help it when the morning dawns. 6 The nations are in an uproar, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts. 7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. (Selah) 8 Come, behold the works of the Lord; see what desolations he has brought on the earth. 9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; he breaks the bow, and shatters the spear; he burns the shields with fire. 10 "Be still, and know that I am God! I am exalted among the nations, I am exalted in the earth." 11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. (Selah) 
Renewing and restoring America, as Glenn Beck has told us, begins with renewing and restoring ourselves. In spirit with this philosophy, it is only fitting to encourage people to do whatever they can do to best secure what they have, build upon their future potential and keep moving forward with a positive demeanor and a patience that tells them that no matter how bleak things may seem, with personal effort and perseverance, things can and will work.

One can't help but to wonder if the decisions made by people like Sarah Palin, Chris Christie, John Thune and Paul Ryan regarding presidential runs are not born of the theory that you can't sell the house unless it's completely built. While it clearly can be argued that Sarah Palin was ready for the presidency, three years of boning up on the issues and building wealth may not have been enough for someone who could potentially occupy an office during the most trying times our republic has seen since the Civil War and World War II.

Maybe there's more that we all have to do personally before someone like Palin could be considered a lock for the presidency. It's time to take back the culture, the Congress and the cable television box.

Keeping powder dry and fortifying the fort sometimes is a better way than shooting the works and leaving oneself vulnerable to the fickle finger of fate. I am me. We are conservatives. We know our luck. Sometimes, building it bigger than we have to is more important than blowing it all too quickly on a cause in such a way that it fails rather than succeeds. I've done that in business, and I know how unpredictable the future can be when you bet on time and future success without having a fortress already set up that can withstand that kind of a dice roll.

Consolidating and building on one's own personal wealth (with wealth being defined as strong relationships with God, family and friends, financial stability; and a strong positive mental outlook with advocacy in our hearts and words for what is right) is key. Building America back from the ground level up requires us to first become strong individually, then as a family, then as a community and then as a town and state. We must never stray from that which makes us strongest, whether it be spiritually, financially or socially.

The key line of today's interview which landed me the job was when I said "making money is not about the mansions and the yachts; it's about the ability to take care of the car, the water heater and the family when something goes wrong." After thinking about my resume, I could have added that it's about being able to thank God today for the decisions made yesterday with His guidance.

While we all make mistakes (and I have my fair share of them), one thing is certain. We can overcome our past by building on a future based on what we do today. I have always been blessed because I have a clear understanding of the fundamental spiritual and mental values that we need to move forward in such a crazy world. I may not always stick to these values 100%, but for me it's not about the kill, it's about the thrill of the chase. Success is not about the shining city on a hill, it's about busting your ass to get there.

As we move forward into 2012, this blogger's work schedule will be demanding. I will have to make some changes in how I contribute to this and other blogs which have been so gracious and offering me their forums to post my articles. My radio show may have to shut down in January since my work hours will take me past the 11:00 hour on Wednesday. My blog posts may come more on weekends than during the week. But, by being focused on the main thing to better myself, it is my most sincere hope that I will be better positioned down the road to contribute more than just my written word to the cause of bettering America.

And, I'm not going anywhere. I will still blog and tweet. I will still cheer-lead the future of America.

When you sit down at the table with your family and friends tomorrow, please make sure that you thank God for your blessings and ask Him to bestow upon you the patience, inner peace and personal power to better yourself in the future. Success is not a destination. It's a journey.
God bless you all.


-Listen to Patrick's World USA tonight on Blogtalk Radio at 11pm ET 8pm PT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews